1. Assists cooks in phases of food preparation involving lesser degrees of skill than those of Cook or Assistant Cook.
2. Assists in the preparation of salads and desserts.
3. Cleans, washes, and otherwise prepares vegetables and fruits for cooking.
4. Washes dishes, pots and pans by hand or machine.
5. Cleans kitchen or dining areas.
6. Cleans work areas and equipment such as counters, trays, tray carts, hot food tables, coffee urns, toasters, etc.
7. Handles food and equipment in accordance with sanitary practices.
8. Fills sugar bowls and salt and pepper shakers.
9. Attends inservice training sessions.
10. May assemble items for bag lunches.
11. May set tables and clear them after meals.
12. May act as cashier.
13. Does related work as required.